Made a resolution to improve your work skills? One really great event to do that at is UIE’s Web App Summit.
The Summit is April 19-22, 2009, in Newport Beach, CA. There’s a ton of great information at http://webappsummit.com. But let me give you a little preview. Though there are killer shorter sessions, the highlight of the Summit is two days of intensive workshops with world class, rockin’ speakers:
- Web 2.0 Strategy and Design—Riccardo La Rosa and Steve Mulder
- Communicating Design: Essential Deliverables for Highly Effective Design Teams—Dan Brown
- Web App Anatomy: Effective Interaction Design with Frameworks—Robert Hoekman
- Web Application Form Design—Luke Wroblewski
- Designing Great Interactive Experiences for Everyone: Implementing Ajax and Accessibility—Derek Featherstone
- Achieving Reuse with Patterns and Components—Nathan Curtis
- Web Standards for Web Applications—Molly Holzschlag
- Wireframing and Prototyping for Highly Interactive Web Apps—James Box and Richard Rutter
If you decide to register, let them know you heard about it from me! Sign up right away to get a discount and an iPod nano.
Disclosure: You’ll notice I’m not speaking at this. I’d go even if I didn’t have personal connections to UIE.